Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Dreaming Of A White....Halloween???












Well, I don't know about your neck of the woods, but mine is buried in snow. It's not some little dusting either, it's about 3 or 4 inches SO FAR and is still coming down. It's wet and heavy and we have also discovered something new about satellite TV and it is not a good thing. If there is snow on the dish the picture doesn't come in. So you have to get a ladder and a broom and brush off the snow. Repeat as needed. The other thing that is coming into play is the well. The electric has flickered off and on a couple of times this morning and the Well Of Memory has come back, precisely that if there are no lights there is no water. So we now have a few containers filled just in case. I'm glad I took an extra day off of work, the original reason was that due to current events I'm very behind in things I need to do and took the extra day for a catch up sort of thing. But with the snow at the moment I'm stuck in the house, but I will be taking my car out for an experimental drive just to see. Pearl of course is enjoying the snow, she runs like a loon back and forth sliding and carousing like nobody's business. The cats on the other hand of are a different opinion - we did finally let them out yesterday on thier own. I figured since we're home it would be a good time to do it and they were in and out, a little nervous but enjoying it. Thier adventures have been cut short by the weather, they can go out and did but came back in shortly, but in the greater scheme of things I sort of prefer the short jaunts for now. Pearl is a bit skinny at the moment, the people at the kennel said she barked constantly and they pretty sure she didn't sleep - I don't think she ate too much, but she'll recover.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Well, it looks like you got snow while we got lots of rain and wind. But, things are supposed to start looking up and at the moment, Halloween is supposed to be nice.