Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday

The weather really turned much colder last night, when I took Pearl out this morning the grass was a tiny bit frozen. There are no street lights here at all, David can't understand why I don't want the lights on when I take her out - but in the dark here, you can see the stars so clearly - it's astounding and breathtaking. The Big Dipper was out the other night and it was so huge and so close you could almost touch it. I wish I could take a picture of exactly what it looks like, but I can't you will have to wonder. Anyhoo, I got my next knitting project off the ground, it's a hooded sweater with allover cables. I have the pattern set so it's hopefully smooth sailing from here on out. I got the yarn at Big Lots - if you haunt them from time to time you can get some boffo yarn for next to nothing. I got Elite Premire yarn for a song - I looked it up on the internet and it usually runs about $5 apiece, I got 20 skeins for $20. I didn't exercise this morning as my legs are a bit sore, it's funny how you can exercise every morning but if you stop even for a little while your body forgets and you have to start all over again. David and I went out to the chinese buffet again last night, I think that will be it for awhile as we are in danger of Overdoing it. I'm starting to look foward to work on Monday, there is only so much you can do to amuse yourself and since I no longer have being sick to occupy my time it leaves me with a bit too much time on my hands. I did sign up at the local library which is very tiny, but they had the latest bestsellers and a knitting club on Wednesday which I'll try to make - it runs from 4pm to 5:30 so if I have patients in the area I just may be able to catch the tail end once in awhile. It's not much but it's a start. We met a couple more of the neighbors, they have a cute baby who may end up on my knitting list and they are very nice of course. They also had the same problems with Verizon that we did, it seems everyone else has a horror story about them! Oh, and here is Adam's address as he has a birthday coming up on the 13th

SHSN Lester, Adam M, Supply Dept

USS Harry S. Truman (CVN75)

FPO AE

09524-2875 (Box 52)

No comments: