Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 7, 2010

No Bethlehem For Us Today

I was planning on taking Nancy to Bethlehem today - I've never been to downtown and it's supposed to be very historic. Nancy mentioned that she'd heard on the radio on the way here that thousands of people were also going to be there tomorrow so I goggled it this morning. There is apparently a HUGE music festival there this weekend. Of course. This would be good if we had tickets or had intended to go to a music festival but we didn't so now we'll have to head in other directions. My week at work was GREAT, it's taken a while for me to get my stress levels down and I still have some moments but the 2 AM girl has only made a couple of visits and work is enjoyable. There's so much to learn, things I'd forgotten and things I never knew, but I'm really liking it. My mentor is really great and I'll be off to training all next week so I'm a busy girl these days. And of course I leave at 5 pm every afternoon - that may be subject to change a bit, but my hours will be more regular. I got home last night around 5:30 last night, Nancy got a bit sidetracked on her way here but it only took her a couple of hours from NYC. She's been in Southampton visiting her Dad and family - it's nice to live close enough now that people can come visit me easily. I have to figure out what we're doing today, but it's a great way to end this week - it's been a long time since I've had time to actually relax.

No comments: