Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2007

West Virginia Strikes Again

Jackson is convinced he will never drive. Last week we went through the missing paperwork stuff and finally got it all straight and accounted for. The game plan was he could take the driving test today and if he didn't pass he'd still be able to take it one more time in the 7 day period. Guess again. I ran through my visits and was back at the office by noon, David picked Jackson up at school and they came to get my car to take the test in at 1. David appeared back in the office completely furious an hour or so later - he never even got to take the test. When they got there it turned out the rules had been changed on 7/13 - they are no longer issuing 1 year permits but are doing 3 year. If you're in possession of a 1 year (like Jackson is) it is NO LONGER VALID after 7/13 and you need to retake the written. Jackson retook the written and failed miserably, he said they changed all the answers but I'm sure he was so upset at that point thinking straight was not possible. He of course can't retake it for 7 days which means - next Monday he'll be at the DMV, retake the written test, do the driving part and then go flinging off to the airport with Adam to go visit Aunt Janet. David pointed out to counter person that we'd been at the DMV on 3 separate occasions in the past month and not once had this all been mentioned. David called when he got home and they're looking into it, big deal. Jackson is better now of course, when he takes the test on Monday he'll have the 3 year permit and can take the driving part anytime. Eek. As you can see from the pictures I've posted I managed to switch out the cable on my circular needles with only a tiny bit of Drama And Intrigue - I LOVE my circular needle set. It comes with a set of needles from size 5 to 11 and cables from 16" to 40" so you can just unscrew the needles and make the cables bigger and smaller. And it's all contained in a Nifty Carrying Case. Yes, I don't get out enough, thank you for asking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful!

I feel badly for Jack. But, I can tell you from experience, any state's DMV is a black hole of red tape and staffed by little tin Hitlers. I have to deal with DMV issues all over the country and each state seems to be able to come up with new and exciting examples of stupidity.