Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2008

The Long and Winding Road

Well, I broke my record in milage - this weekend I drove 168 miles for ONE VISIT. When I was getting directions I could've puked, I couldn't believe I would have to drive so far for one patient. But I did - and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I got to see alot of West Virginia that I haven't seen before and I hit both The Nest and A.C. Moore's on the way back. At The Nest I got the coolest sock needles - they're made by Lantern Moon, hand made and cost 3 times as much as Brittney needles. But I do have Christmas money and I DID do a lot of driving so they are mine now. Finding sock needles is impossible I've found but I knew they would have them at that shop. I actually have some on order from KnitPicks but I cannot wait. Sunday turned out to be just as bad - I got a call that a patient needed to be seen in Clarksburg and halfway there I got another call for a patient out in Preston county which is 50 miles away. However, while I was out there I called another patient I was supposed to see today that lives down the road by patient #2 and saw him so he's off my census for today. I FINALLY started knitting a sock last night after all this time of collecting sock related items, I think my main problem will be keeping it from sliding off the needles. I'm doing on double points and since they're sock needles they are tiny, but I've never knitted socks and need a challenge right now. January and February are b-o-r-i-n-g  and work is a bit stressful, but not as bad. The storm broke in the office so I think it's safe to go in, I think. Adam went back to LI to see friends this weekend, one of his navy friends is in town on leave so he wanted to see him before he left. He sounds good and I'm glad he got to go, he's still waiting to hear from the navy after the stand down in January (that's when they all take vacation).

No comments: