Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cross Your Fingers

I'm sitting in front of the computer at the moment, on the floor of course because we have no chairs. I have Vincent the Pest here, I chased him around the yard and that's the last time he'll be outside as we are slated to leave Tuesday morning. Even though he's been out all day he is exacting his revenge by using the litter pan and being very odiferous about it in the process. Damn him. David's friend Tommy is coming over with Gypsy to say goodbye - sounds relaxing but this is all very very stressful. Because if they delay it again tomorrow we will  still be without a phone but also without internet or a tv as that is scheduled to turned off tomorrow morning. We plan on being pretty busy, we have one more run to the dump, to Goodwill (although the futon is staying now, the buyers would like to keep that too), we have to turn in the DSL thing and our cable box, do a last wash and pack up the little bit we've been House Camping with. I'll be glad to get back into our big bed that is not on the floor or to be able to eat dinner without being wedged in between cats, the dog and David on the best (and only) seat in the house. But most of all I'll be glad to have this all done and settled, it's hard going to bed each night not knowing what's going to happen or worse, imagining what could happen. We go out shopping each day, we don't buy much but just try to keep busy. Vincent makes me cry - I don't know which is worse, him meowing to be let into Jackson's room or opening the door and watching him look for him, checking the closet and bathroom. I know he'll get over it, but it's not helping me get over it. Tomorrow will be better I hope, I just want to get moving!

No comments: