Total Pageviews

Friday, September 26, 2008

Is It Friday Already?

I interviewed in a doctor's office yesterday, I have no idea why I do that. I am not suited for doctor's offices, they know it, I know it - yet I insist on interviewing and they go right ahead and interview me. I'm glad I got that out of my system, phew. David and I are going to get our PA licenses this morning, then we have to book stuff for Jackson's graduation, I have to do wash and pack and follow up on a few things. I took Pearl walking again yesterday - I told David that until he gets her behavior under control that is IT. We sort of met a couple more neighbors, I say sort of because they have a small dog and when Pearl is on a leash she wants to eat small dogs. She was very bad and wouldn't stop barking - there are some days I don't like her. She also almost ate a chipmunk yesterday, much to the chipmunk's alarm. She flipped a board in the woodpile and there he was, so Pearl, not being able to come up with any other plan of action, picked him up in her mouth. If the chipmunk could have spoken English he would've said "I am so screwed" - it was pretty funny.She let him go and he went racing for the stone wall where I'm sure he's still sitting today pondering the complexities of the universe, or at least the woodpile. We're still adjusting and probably will be for a few months - straightening out the house has turned into a monumental task. We kept too much stuff - we didn't think we had that much actually but this house is about half the size of the WV house so we are effectively trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag so to speak. The basement looks like a yardsale and the garage is no better, plus we have no bookshelves and plenty of books. What we've been doing is trying to go through a bin a day, we have a load for goodwill from us and the former owners so eventually we will wade through all this crap. It's better if you do it slowly as David and I tend to pitch EVERYTHING out, only to have to rebuy it again a couple of months down the road.

No comments: