Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2004

How Spooky Is That!

That's a picture I took at night with my flash - let's face it - there's only so many pictures of gopher holes people are willing to look at. I made it through my first week of night shift. It was much better than the day shift and by the end of the week I've almost gotten back into the swing of things sleep-wise. I had one person ix-nay on me, but it wasn't unexpected nor was it in my power to prevent it. It was actually my preceptor's fault as she had made the statement that no one would die on her shift. In my world, that's so asking for it. I had to work Friday night and got home on Saturday morning - an hour before Dad arrived. He made it here without problem and managed to slide right by the Gate Gestopo without incident. I only stayed in bed for an hour and got up around ten since I wasn't sleeping anyhow. We had coffee and then off to Dixon City. Dad took us out to lunch at the Texas Steakhouse and in case you're wondering - there are a surprising amount of things for a vegetarian to eat on the menu. I had one of those giant fried onions and Jackson had a huge shrimp platter which he not only ate the RICE but just about licked the platter!! I was shocked as there were PEAS in it and he even ate them! We had planned on going out to the chinese buffett that night, but since Dad had left at 3am and I'd been up for about 36 hours everyone  decided to take a "nap". I woke up from my "nap" around 7-ish and Dad got up later! So it was pizza for dinner. Today we are planning on driving around and leaf-peeping of course! And Dad wants to out for dinner to the Olive Garden which of course The Appitite is looking foward to. Claw doesn't like Grandpa because he teases her but then again, she probably shouldn't have tried to bite him. You know how they have wine tastings? Well, Claw likes to have a "guest tasting!"

No comments: