Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence

Yes, it is still raining.but it's better than the snow the Crack Weather Team has been ballyhooing about for the past week. I have no idea how they come with these weather reports - Magic 8 Ball, Oujia Board, who knows? I take Pearl out between the rain drops, she is Bored Bored Bored and doesn't care how wet it is. David and I went to Exit 7 (if you're ever in WV that would be the one you want to go play at) and went to the book store. I got Vogue On the Go Shawls to add to my collection and David got a gun dog magazine. He dropped me off at Michaels while he went to Lowes, a typical Sunday afternoon. Jackson opted to stay home to wait for Becky, I've noticed he has STILL not changed the sheets on his bed and I'm about ready to kill him. When the cat starts refusing to sleep in your room, it's time to reevaluate your house keeping skills. I told him to change them a couple of weeks ago and it's still not done - at this point I just don't have the time or patience to be chasing him around. After Becky goes home I'm removing them from his bed and he'll have to do it. I can't believe Monday is tomorrow already, I wasn't on call this weekend but got called anyhow. Part of the reason is I had to stop in the office after I went to the yoga studio to look up and fax some labs that hadn't been resulted Friday. I was mulling over waiting until Monday but I knew the 2 AM Girl would have plenty to say about that, so I bit the bullet and went in. But since the on call coordinator physically saw me she knew I was around. It was no big deal - I think it was just faster and easier to call me. I'm still knitting that same shawl and when I get truly bored with it, add to the border of the afgan I'm making - and I have no idea what I'll do with either. I can always bring it in to Susan, she knows tons of people and manages to find a home for everything I can't. The shawl is coming out better than I thought it would - I was going to frog it at one point but I'm glad I didn't. It's my first attempt at a lace pattern and thankfully it's a fairly easy one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should remove the sheets when Becky is there.  Have no mercy.  When Carl stayed with us he did not change his sheets for over a year.  I threw them out when he moved out. Your brother slept in a sleeping bag on top of the covers to avoid making the bed. ( the navy cured him).  Evidently teenage boys have no smell sensors in their noses.    Mom.  (Connie7280)