Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2007

Holy Crap Batman, It's Friday!

Wow, I think this is the longest I've ever gone (with the exception of the computer being in the shop) without blogging. It's been a very busy week at work - with most of the infusions falling on this week plus the regular patient load I've been out of the office most of the beginning of the week. I've spent the last couple of days playing catch up and Bad News - the full time nurse is quitting due to personal problems at home. Hmm. Sort of leaves me as a Captain without a Ship. Well, I still have the ship, just don't have the crew but it'll work out eventually. I'm heading out to Pittsburgh on Wednesday for another seminar, I'm driving and Sophie and Deb are riding shotgun - we'll carpool again for the 2nd half later in the year. Home has been busy busy busy with the usual plus Pearl. We once again didn't get a bill for our taxes (due the 30th) and once again narrowly escaped having our names in the paper in the List Of Deadbeats Who Don't Pay Thier Taxes. I've sort of gleaned that is a very bad thing because EVERYONE reads it and you'll have a whole year to have to live it down in. I've got yoga tomorrow which I'm looking foward to, I just wish I had more time to actually do it more than once a week. David's been working steady, he's enjoying it I think except for the travel time - and of course Jackson needing to be picked up after school. I do it as much as I can, but with my job it's not always possible. Speaking of Jackson, we got into a conversation today somehow of what he'll look like as an adult. I was rather surprised when he told me he was pretty sure he'd look like Grandpa Carter! I asked how he'd come to that conclusion and he said everyone always said he looked like my side of the family and then he asked if I'd every really looked at the pictures we have of Grandpa in his 20's. Jackson said Grandpa had been very good looking in those pictures  - he said he didn't know for sure that was what he would look like, but he sure hoped he would! I guess I was a little taken aback because I never thought he'd looked at any of family pictures, let alone recognized anyone. It's funny what kids notice, isn't it?

No comments: