Total Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2007

Here Comes Trouble

You know how they say trouble comes in threes? That would mean I got hit from all sides yesterday. I got a call from Adam yesterday morning so he could Spring Another Surprise on me - I swear that boy has a policy on me. We thought he was coming home the end of July - he's like no, the middle of May! It took all I had not to start shrieking ARE YOU CRAZY - but he's very excited about this and is at the stage where you could say anything and he wouldn't hear you over the spinning wheels of future plots and plans. Work has calmed down - a little - I had time to deal with some issues and make plans and phone calls to deal with next week's issues. Then I find out the nurse that is leaving, the one I felt so sorry for because her husband had left her and she had to quit - had snuck over to the competition and had gotten hired as a supervisor over there. That stupid lying cow, I was so tempted to pick up the phone and call her right then and there, but I didn't. First of all, calling someone a stupid lying cow is unprofessional no matter how much you want to or they deserve it and second of all it would just give her an excuse not to show up all next week. So I emailed my boss and let it go at that. Sigh. THEN I get the mail when I got home and there's a letter from my insurance company to let me know that paid out a total of NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS to those two morons I bumped with my car back in November. There seems to a lot of stupid lying cows in West Virginia. I called the company and they were great about getting right back to me - the guy didn't have the finally estimate but ballparked the raise in rates between $150 and $350 a year - not happy, but liveable. But the cat still likes me and I do have my yarn so life is not so bad. Adam emailed us this morning and let us know he'll be getting out in June now which gives everyone a little bit of breathing room for now and I have my two infusions today, one of which involves bulldogs so hopefully today will go a bit better than yesterday.

No comments: