Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Let It Go Sunshine

We had another set of lookers yesterday, we took the hostess for a ride - I think from now on we can just stay in the yard down by the barn but it was raining so we went for a drive. The first set of lookers are supposed to be coming back on Friday, so that's heartening. I'd forgotten what a pain selling a house is, everytime the RE calls everyone lurches into Whirlwind Mode, flinging dirty laundry in the washer, shoving errant items in drawers and cabinets only to have to scour the house for them later when you actually need them. We have to remind the agents to make sure Mr. Lee doesn't get out and make sure Pearl is secured so she doesn't hostess a stranger. It's hard having people look at my house somedays, in my mind it's still "mine" and it's hard not to get territorial about the whole business. But I am starting to look to the future and am slowly, but surely letting things go. It's one thing to talk about it and even have it happen, it's a whole other thing to accept this is the way things are going to be from now on and like it to boot. Jackson will be gone after Sept, we will be moving, no more high school, no more seeing Becky - that has been hard for me. I miss her more than I thought I would. But things are getting better and I'm starting to have more good days than bad ones.I am done with my Magic 8 Ball experiment, looking over the past week I think my 8 ball has the same degree of accuracy as the Channel 12 News team which seriously leads me to believe that is how they've been predicting the weather also. Happy Father's Day to everyone, I am taking David out to breakfast this morning and then we're heading off to Bridgeport as he has some Home Depot gift certificates he's been trying to use. If he's good maybe I will buy him some yarn!

No comments: