Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's The End Of The World As We Know It.

 

As usual - it was a Lester Free For All. The day started off with thunderstorms - the really REALLY bad kind with the torrential rain and high winds, which of course knocked the power out. For 7 hours. This changed the getting ready part of the day - I'm glad I got up early as my tiny bathroom is the only one with a window so everyone used that one since it didn't require a flashlight or candles. It wasn't a huge deal of course and everyone survived, but it just added stress as we still needed to pick up the cake and drop off the graduate. We managed and the lights when back on just before everyone left - a day late and a dollar short as they say, but at least we had electric to come home to!The graduation ceremony was wonderful - and fairly short for 350 people. I love the fact they hold it in the WVU indoor stadium to make sure there's plenty of room as it was about half filled by the time all was said and done. After that we headed home for a bit and then off to Ruby Tuesdays, that was really fun and I know Jackson had a good time. I called an hour before the time of our reservations which they require - so when we arrived the entire table was already set up for us. After dinner we headed back to the house for cake and coffee, I was glad we only had a few minor  bumps in the road. The house is very quiet now, too quiet. Jackson left with Janet and Diane so it's a practice run for David and I to be empty nesters - I'm not really liking it so far. He's gone on vacation before but this is different, isn't it? I know we'll get used to it and we have the rest of the summer with him, but after that it's a whole new world for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jackson!   You'll get accustomed to a quiet house.  We have 5 children and there was constant running in and out of teenagers.  Now my husband is my only child.   He's loving it!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like the empty nest.  Before you know it, you'll have grandkids in and out anyhow.

Loved the pictures.  ROFLing at the "maybe 50" graduates.