Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Sound Of Silence

I know in my head that Jackson will be back around the end of the month and he'll be home for a good while before the navy nabs him. But I also know this is it, a new chapter in all of our lives. David and I are adjusting slowly, we are talking more about our future plans and what we are going to do since we no longer have to be concerned with school systems and driving anyone here and there. But the house seems abnormally quiet without Jackson downstairs, I keep forgetting he doesn't have to get up or he'll be late. We have plenty to occupy our time at the moment, David is finishing up the renovations, we have to call the RE, he's working,  I'm working and of course It's All About Pearl for the rest of the time. The house thing has put me in serious limbo - with the housing market it may sell next week or it may not sell at all, so I go back and forth with my decision to get another job. The way my luck is if I do get another job the house will sell the next day and that will look just marvy on my resume. Speaking of which that needs fixed bad!,  I have all the materials but have been putting it off as I hate to do it. I know once I start it won't be that bad but just the idea of having to sit down and do it all over again, I rather clean the toilet - I'd even rather clean Jackson's toilet and if you've ever seen how a teenage boy keeps his bathroom that is a bold statement indeed. Although I can't believe in just a short time it will be no one's bathroom....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You take such wonderful pictures!  I'm always in awe.

I understand your feelings of uncertainty.  I HATE being in limbo.  I want to know what's going to happen tomorrow and the next day and the next.  And of course, we really NEVER know.