Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2009

Breakfast In The Poconos

Off to another event - today it's a breakfast with the local Chamber of Commerce which would be a tad more enjoyable if it was a bit later - I have to be there at 7:30 AM so I need to be out the door around 6:30. Now, you would think since I tend to get up stinkin' early that would not be a problem. The thing is I DO get early but that doesn't mean I am dressed and ready to go. I can potter for hours and I've come to enjoy all the time I have in the morning.  So this morning I have to skip a lot of my morning routine which includes sitting outside and reading while Pearl tries in vain to sneak up on the chipmunks, working out on  the elipse and just mucking about in general. I also do cleaning as by the time I get home from work I just don't feel like it. I've been eating dinner later and later, after I get things put away, the dog walked etc it's generally about 7 pm. Usually I'm pretty good keeping easy things to make and making things ahead on the weekend, but this week that all went out the window for some reason and it's been veggie burgers and speghetti all week.  Ray is coming out this weekend so I have to fluff up the guest room and plan some things to do, Wegman's will be on the grand tour as the easter candy is almost gone and I think we should turn our eyes to more healthful food, despite the fact there is no way a spinach salad can hold a candle to a boxful of yellow bunny peeps. But peeps are not good for you and yesterday at work while polishing off a box of green peeps that Laurie had given me I had a bit of nausea so maybe it's time to stop eating them. Nah, I just need to eat them slower.....

No comments: