Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Leftover Queen

It is very difficult to eat right - and it's very expensive to eat wrong. David was going over what we spend and we were quite alarmed to find we average close to $175 a week. Since it's just the two of us plus a few pets that doesn't make sense.  I know part of it is the entertainment budget but on closer inspection I noticed last week we have a lot, we buy a lot - and we only eat anything that can be prepared in 5 minutes or less.  So the mountains of Good Intentioned Ingredients  languishes in the pantry while we horse down cereal and cheese. So last week I started making tomorrow's dinner at the same time I was making tonight's. While making something quick I threw a couple of yams in the oven and simmered chili. The next night I had chili, tonight I had the yams and sauteed tofu while I made a Greek picnic pie to eat tomorrow and then I have that and the chili for the rest of the week.  This way I can eat things that take awhile to cook without having to eat at 9 pm. Anyhoo, Janet is coming by on Saturday and we are having a guest from England at the end of May, the guest room is getting quite the workout these days. The Hostess has been enjoying it of course, she lives for the guests.  It was back to chilly today but not as bad but now it's raining which is a big Eww in my book.  

No comments: