Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had my gigantic staff meeting, I mentioned at the start how I couldn't believe everyone made it - Linda piped up from the back that it was due to all of the threatening emails throughout the past week... The staff room was overflowing. I made a giant fruit salad, we had bagels, mini muffins, coffee - and my boss brought me flowers and a cake! I didn't think anyone knew, but they all did. It was fun having everyone sing Happy Birthday, no matter how old you get it still means a lot. The new associate director got flowers too - I really like her so far and I know I'm going to learn a lot from her. The rest of the day went well, I put the cake in the back so Peds could have too, David had flowers delivered to the office which was very nice. David built me floor to ceiling shelves in the living room which is all I wanted this year. My books have been packed for two years now, every time I want one I have to go sifting through the boxes so this weekend I'll be unpacking all my books and will finally have them within reach after all this time. Life is good most days, but some days it's better.

No comments: