Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No Rest For The Weary

Pearl has been sleeping until around 4-ish, then starts in. Now, we get up pretty early, around 4:30 but I like to sit and drink my coffee in bed, watch a little off hours tv - both of which are impossible with a squirming excited puppy. The reason I get up so early, I don't know. However, after talking with a patient of mine that was a former night worker I think it has to do with the drastic change in schedule since he complained of the same thing. After working nights for years it's impossible to get back to a normal sleep pattern - it's been almost a year now and I seem to have settled into the between 4 and 5 am routine. I'm not complaining too much since this certainly beats the between 2 and 3 am wakeup I was doing for quite awhile. David loves to be up this early which doesn't help, there's no rolling over and going back to sleep once he senses I'm awake, despite my threatening his life a million times over. He darts off and gets the coffee, pops on the tv and then takes Pearl out since all noise gets her going. David will be calling home this morning, the doctors at Stonybrook reconsidered and Hope had a stent placed late yesterday afternoon. His sister said she did great although I'm sure she gave them a hard time. She's never had any operations and of course, hasn't spent any time in the hospital. David's sister and niece are up there now to help take care of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm usually awake at 3 AM.  I hate it.  I've always been an early riser, and I love mornings.  But I don't need THAT much morning time.  I try to force myself to stay in bed until 5, even if I don't go back to sleep.