Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back To The Real World

I had all sorts of things I was going to get done this week - I was going to root through my yarn stash ruthlessly, I was going to clean, yada yada yada. I peeked at the yarn - looked ok to me! The rest of the plots and plans got tossed to wayside as it interferred with my Watching TV and Eating Easter Candy activites, not to mention knitting. The blanket is coming along quite nicely, thank you for asking, the second time you do something of course goes much easier as you figured out all the directions the first go around. David and Jackson are alledgedly returning to WV today in the late afternoon, David's been recieving calls so I have to hunt down all the little notes I've written on whatever scrap of paper was handy near the phone. Work also interferred with my plans - the other nurse called in until Friday!! and we're not too hopeful even that's going to happen. All of my patients got given away and I had to take hers which is very stressful as I'm completely unfamilar with any of them so I've had the Deer In The Headlights look going at least twice a day. I've been not too good about it either even though I'm trying - I'm not sure if it's the stress of everything going on around me or - I'm burning out. I'm feeling very put upon lately, it gets hard when you see people taking as many days off as they feel like or showing up late and no one says anything to them - Interim has this policy that if you don't use your personal time or sick time they just take it. I've never worked anywhere that you actually get punished for being a good worker - in my past 3 years I've taken 2 1/2 sick days and ended up losing an entire week and no, they don't pay you for it. I've lost personal time, vacation time, a FULL WEEK of sick time and I am starting to resent it. I wanted to take my last 3 hours of personal time (I'll lose it if I dont' take it by Friday) and was told I would have to just lose it - and I said no. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: