Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not Impressed

As usual, the weather prediction was a "wee" bit off - I think we got about 2" as opposed to the 8 to 10 they were ballihooing about all day yesterday, complete with flashing red warnings and so forth. It makes the yard more of a trick, now you can't see where the big ice patches are so you go randomly sliding about the lawn like nobody's business. Pearl is much on the mend after being started on antibiotics, she is back to harassing the cats and barking at anyone passing by the house. The cats are a captive audience as they refuse to go out - Vincent has no interest and Claw goes out for maybe an hour a day due to the temps and snow. I have no choice of course, I worked a 9 hour day yesterday, leaving the house at 7:30 am and finishing up with paperwork after 5. I have another admission today and a visit and of course anything else that happens, so much for only emergencies. I did get sock yarn earlier in the week for those of you who are wondering if I ever made it to Micheal's - so it's been added to the pile of Things Than Need Knitting. I'm about halfway through the front of the sweater I'm currently making, it's very slow going due to the entire thing is cabled but I think it will look spectacular when it's done. And I do have to find an owner for it. I'm trying to think of what I want to do on Wednesday as I will be off for it, I haven't made a visit to the big mall in Scranton so maybe I'll go check that out. We've heard from Adam who heard from Jackson and both are doing well, I'm going to try and call Jackson today to see what his plans are as both the boys seem to think David and I just sit here, ready for them to appear. Anyhoo, despite being so busy this weekend I've spoken to both Kim and Liz which was fun of course, there's a lot to be said for having the same best friends your entire life, isn't there?

1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

We did get the 8 inches here in upstate NY. The thing is the ice is still underneath all that snow. Pickles is loving it though, she's a pup in a sea of white. Hope the day is a peaceful one for you. (Hugs)Indigo