Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pearl has some sort of respiratory infection along with a fever so $106 later she's home and recieving hunks of cheese with a pill hidden inside. I'm sure halfway through the course of antibiotics she'll smarten up and start spitting out the pill to increase her Cheese Intake. Otherwise she made a pest of herself in the vet's office spending part of her free time in a headlock with the vet (David said he could tell she was debating whether she should kick it into high gear or not) - she has a return appointment for a hip x-ray. We're eventually planning on breeding her once  and that's a requirement.  In other news the freezing rain continues - I had to chisel my car out this morning but the roads weren't too bad and I didn't get too late of a start.  I didn't get to Michael's today for the sock yarn extravaganza but I did make a pitstop into Big Lots - I haven't been there in awhile so I went in and riffled through the yarn bin shamelessly. Now, I would say something to the staff about the way the yarn is kept - there's a huge tangled mass in the center but I have the feeling the staff doesn't care the same way a normal human being. A Human being that loves and supports yarn, a human being that LOVES LIFE ITSELF. So  I just picked about and managed to come up with a few skeins of yarn. So the day was not lost.

2 comments:

My Siberian Kitties said...

Oh poor baby, please get better soon !

Smokey(ILM), Mishka, Mila & Zatenik's Mom - Jackie

Sage Ravenwood said...

Pearl is beauty. I hope she recovers quickly. I have a feeling she might try to stretch the cheese intake a ways though. If she's anything like my Pickles she thinks with her stomache first.

I've always been amazed that the people who work for Michaels don't see to be that crafty, nor interested in the overall outlook of things such as yarn. It seems to be that way at all of them. My local one is the same way. (Hugs)Indigo