Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 15, 2009

One Fine Day

We had a really good day yesterday - really good. After all the changes and turmoils of the past few months it was a welcome change. We hung out and ate candy of course, there are three times a year you can legally eat candy for breakfast - Easter, Christmas and Valentine's Day so indulged. Then off to the Pcoconos to scope out my future new office. Much to my surprise and great delight it's not that much further than I'm driving now. Map quest overshot by about 10 miles and if I take the back roads when the weather is good, it will be a nice drive. We headed out to the outlets as it was still pretty early - I love the outlets but on the weekends they jam up beyond belief with people from NJ. By noon there's a line at the exit off the highway and the traffic controllers are on every corner. I went to the Eddie Bauer outlet and got some great stuff, I'm slowing down now as I don't want to buy more than I need until I see what everyone else is wearing. But I have enough to make it through the first week at least so that will be enough for now. After shopping we drove around for a little while and ended up in a little cafe that served sun dried tomato foccia with everything and cups of coffee that were huge. It was really good. The American Candle Company is right down the road, acres of knick knacks, candles and more chachi than you can shake a stick at. There are figurines, aisles devoted to one thing (cat shirts, bowls, cat shaped candles, etc. Dogs, etc...). We wandered about for a bit but didn't buy anything, we have yet to finish unpacking everything and I already have some decorating stuff. We eventually wandered home and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I admit it was dorky and quiet, but I think you need that once in awhile.

No comments: