Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today Is The Day

I threw a picture of Pearl in there just for a change of pace this morning. Liz and Kirsten are heading out early this morning after getting the GPS thing straight last night. I think the problem with our address is it lies either on or very close to the town line and the road we live on runs through a couple of towns. If you put our address in a GPS you actually end up sitting in front of an empty lot near the lake about 15 miles from here with your little dohicky cheerfully announcing You Have Arrived. Arguing with it will do no good.  So we've discovered through trial and error to put a different road in a different town and it will land you within 15 feet of our doorstep, go figure. Anyhoo, it rained yesterday and the temp dropped this morning which adds up to the yard is a big mess now, frozen mud abounds. David had planned on reconfiguring the driveway so we've been driving all over the front yard so we either need to do the drive or start using the current one. With all the ice we'd been parking next to the front door but with the Great Thaw the tire tracks don't exactly scream Buy Me which is the future plan, for now. I finished the first sleeve of the sweater last night so there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I spent a little time planning my next project. I think I'll do something small like socks and then will be making another shawl.  My first week at work went well, I'll be on the computer Monday, I've got to hand in my direct deposit and I got my last checks from Interim yesterday so that door is closed. Firmly. And yes I'm still mad, thank you for asking.  But I am sleeping a little better, I think the change of job helped and I got rid of the late night telemarketer. Don't you get tired of them?  I got a call at 9:30 the other night - that moron started her spiel and I interrupted her, told her to take me off her list and if she EVER called my house again I would track her down, come to her house and rip her liver out. I think I got my point across.

No comments: