Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting A Move On

I am hard pressed to get moving this morning, I worked from 7 to 4 yesterday without a break and today is looking worse than that. I applied to a dialysis place online and there's another one I have my eye on.  So I'm just biding my time but not gracefully - when I was talking to the manager about this oncall she was "well, that's the way it's always been" which seems to be their standard answer for everything - one would think that considering their "senior" nurse has a big 8 months under her belt and the staff seems to quit constantly one might reconsider the way things have always been. If you kick the dog every day just because you always have, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. Anyhoo, the cold weather continues unabated, the snow has frozen which makes it hard to walk but really fun to watch the dog play "fetch" as she tends to sling right past whatever object has been thrown. She got her hips xrayed and they are "good" so in the event she ever goes into heat again and we're able to co-ordinate with the breeder we are good to go. They also did her nails while she was under which we appreciated until we read the bill and realized  they'd charged us $14 to do it. Hmm. We're supposedly expecting another snowstorm tomorrow but given the area if you make that prediction everyday you have a 50% chance of being correct all the way up to April. David starts his CNA classes in a couple of weeks so he's been busy scanning the manual and finishing up the job he's currently working on.  As for me, I just hope this day passes quickly

No comments: