Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Is In The Air, Along With The Rain

It has been raining off and on for the past couple of days, so quite naturally the lawn is having a free for all and the field behind the house grows tall. It makes taking Pearl out quite a feat as first of all, the critters are here and there and second of all, she finds it Quite Exciting to be wet and the whole business involves Leaping and Twirling whenever possible. She hasn't bowled me over yet but is working on it. David's birthday is Friday so we will have cake, I have to think of what to get him - he's not the easiest person to buy for and he does not like yarn. At all. Speaking of which , I finished the first half of the neck and hood band and now just have the other side to go - I'm busy plotting my next project and am not sure what I'll be doing. I'm hoping to have the weekend off this coming week, I have to hire another per-diem as the one of my hires has been dragging it out and I've just about given up the ship. We heard from Jackson a few days ago and he's down in Mississipi and enjoying life in general. He complained that he has to pay for his room, so now he has TWO bills - one for the cell phone and one for the room. Poor Jackson, first he had no bills, now he's on a roll. However, the bill for the room is $14 every two weeks (also known as "a dollar a day") AND it includes someone that not only cleans your room but makes your bed. His meals are also provided by the above said institution, along with medical care, etc - the only way he could do the same for less is to go to prison and then you have to worry about others being a Good Neighbor so I told him to maybe be quiet. But he does sound happy these days.

No comments: